Monday, September 20, 2010

Funeral Memories

Although funerals are solemn occasions there were a few lighter moments at Dad's. 

Marianne sat with Melayna on her lap behind me.  Melayna hasn't yet learned how to whisper and Marianne can't pass up teaching moments.  Here is a shortened version of what happened.  Keep in mind that with every comment David shushed them and Marta frantically waved for the return of her daughter from down the pew a ways. 

Melayna: Where is Grandpa?
Marianne points to the casket in front of them.
Melayna: Grandpa's with Jesus.
Marianne: Yes, Grandpa's with Jesus.
Melayna: Is He in there too?

I'm pretty sure Great Grandpa was smiling.

2 comments:

Carilee said...

I love this story. I read it previously on this blog, and didn't realize I hadn't commented at that time. I wish I could have attended your father's funeral. I have such tender memories of being one big happy extended family in Grand View. I know our parents were living real lives that weren't as carefree during those Grand View days, but for me as a child, they were idyllic.

Emilee said...

Aww that is cute! Kids say the cutest things.

Blog Archive