Monday, September 1, 2008

A Side Trail


This one is by the same author as the last two but this time he uses his own name. It tells about a man whose marraige is on the rocks and how he learns to get out of the box by visiting with a dead grandfather. The setting is a little A Christmas Carol-ish but I can overlook that. I like the first two analogy scriptures (David and Jonah) but I'm not sure I can follow his interpretation of later sited verses. This is the first one I didn't read a second time out loud to Marianne and I miss her perspective.


2 comments:

Leda said...

This is a great book. All of Russ' siblings read it shortly after his father passed away. It truly gave them the peace they were seeking. One of his brothers son has drifted off the 'straight and narrow'path; this book has given them comfort and hope.

Marti said...

I hadn't thought of this book in that way. I'll have to give this some more thought.

Blog Archive